Fabricated Steel Frame Weldment for the Medical Industry
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
This fabricated steel frame weldment used in medical device labs demonstrates our ability to take a customer's project from raw material to finished product. The 27.300" x 19.770" x 10.700" frame is composed of ¾" square cold rolled steel tubing and cold rolled steel sheet in 12, 14, and 16 gauge thicknesses. Parts were cut to size on our saws and shears before being punched and formed on our press brakes and welded with our TIG welder.
The assembly was ground to the desired finish before being plated with .0003" thick RoHS compliant trivalent yellow chromate per ASTM B633 Type II. This frame was fabricated to dimensional tolerances as tight as ±.005" and underwent dimensional inspection before it was shipped to the customer. Our precision fixturing allows us to meet tight tolerances even on larger welded workpieces. The average turnaround time for a project like this is approximately 6-8 weeks. For more information about this frame weldment project, see the table below, or contact us directly.
Highlights of this Fabricated Steel Frame Weldment Project
- Product Description
- This frame is used in a medical device lab
- Sheet Metal Fabrication Capabilities Applied/Processes
Punch Press/Press Brake
Welding - TIG
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Saw, Punch Press, Shear, Machining Center, Press Brake, Pemserters, Drill Press, Welder
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Length: 27.300"
- Height: 10.700"
- Length: 27.300"
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 0.005"
- Material Used
- CRS - Cold Rolled Steel
- ¾" Square Tube
- 12ga Sheet, 14ga Sheet, 16ga Sheet
- Material Finish
- RoHS Compliant Trivalent Chromate per ASTM B633 (0.0003 Thick) Type II. Color: Yellow all Surfaces
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Dimensional Inspection, Visual Inspection
- Industry for Use
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 6 - 8 Weeks
- Delivery Location
- Madison, WI
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Frame Quant'X Weldment